Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Finally I manage to beat Navneet in pingpong!

Table tennis is one of my favourite games and I have been losing to Navneet for more than a year now (that too convincingly). Altough I am not a bad player but Navneet plays a heavy spin game and always managed to beat me until 20th of September,

I finally decoded the formula of success. Navneet plays left handed which means that a different strategy is needed when playing against him. His forehand is a backhand for a rightie and vice versa. Also his serve was unreturnable because of the heavy spin in it. The plan was simple and it was to play Navneet on his backhand which he normally does not get to because most right hannder plays on  the other corner which is the backhand for righties. Second was to neutralise his attacking game with boring slice and defensive tactics.  Third and most important was to read his serve and neutralise it to keep the ball in play.

I am also attaching a video, it is not that great watch as we were playing after a gap of six months but I hope that it will make a good viewing, so enjoy! 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vBqystwy8E

2 comments:

  1. Bhai my name is Navneet and not Navnit....Corrections are required Sir!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gaurav ke liye ek hi baat hai.....Gaurav dont u think u said it too soon...let us c u beat him 3 consecutive games.

    ReplyDelete