Monday, February 2, 2009

Memoirs of Childhood ( Baal Smriti )



Lets start with your First Day of the Life. As humans we can't remember our early years. Brain does not start keeping memories till, we have past the age ofthree years approx. Meri life ka pehla din yaad karoo तो, I see my mother, father and sister are standing outside military quarters with other families in Prem Nagar, Dehradun and watching the snows on the mountains of Mussorie. That scene is in my RAM( random access memory).


Once someone told me that I dwell too much in the past. I dont see anything wrong in it. In my viewpoint thats what life is, isnt it? Every individual's life is a story, some forms an interesting one eg. Sachin Tendulkar and some boring eg. Gaurav Pandey or maybe not...


Other thing I do besides dwelling in the past, is trivial matters. I think about weird things. My close friends call me CHARASI which in laknawi slang means a Wierdo or a nagger or someone not normal. Since my school days I tried my best to avoid bhedchal but I did not have the talent to pursue it for long. Thats why i became a commoner.

In the early childhood, I was always impressed by my elder brother....., kind of idolised him. He did not grew with me and my sister. He always lived with our nani. We only used to see him during our holidays.

When I was 4 and he was 10, our father took us to a
Dusshera mela and there he bought us teer kaman. We used to have a doll in our house, we used that doll as target practice and tore it apart.

He used to read lots of comics
Madhu Muskan, Lotpot, Chandamama and Nandan. Diamond comics came later on and became very popular. So to follow him , even we( me and my sis) started to like comics.My favourite was chandamama as it used to have stories about ancient Indian Kings told in simple and precise words.I like Madhu Muskan as well, in that there used to be a comic series DAKU PAAN SINGH AND SUPARI.

We used to have a cat, her name was
लछुली, my father gave that name to her. Once when we had gone to Haridwar, she got eaten by dogs. My first school was नन्ही दुनिया, which everyone called as नंगी दुनिया . There was a big ground between my school and our house. And it always semed big to me as when you are young distances do look bigger.

Once I got injured running after a military truck( I dont know , Why I was doing that?) and i think that my mother first slapped me for running behind it and then she took me to hospital .


..... My first movie in the PICTURE HALL was KALA PATHAR, I hardly understood anything, All i remember is that I was fighting with the kids of my age by shouting AA
AMITA BACCHAN.. AMITA BACCHAN....A BISHHUUM AAA BSSSHUUM. We lived in Dehradun for a year and then my father got transfered to Jammu. I also remember that My sister used to go to GURU NANAK SCHOOL and once I went with her to Bazzar to buy some sticks for Dandiya.

I started going to school in Jammu, My first proper school was लूथरा अकेडमी, which was popularly known as लूटेरा अकेडमी, I do not have lots of memories from there, I only remember that I used to go to school in the protection of my sister and my class teacher was Champa Madam.She was strange, she used to send her pupils to fetch samosas?????????? from the halwai shops during school hours. I also remember Morning assemblies and asking teacher-.... MISS, CAN I GO TO TOILET PLEASE. and after that MAY I COME IN PLEASE.

After that, My father got me enrolled in Kendriya Vidyalaya at Mira Sahib. We( me and another 2 boys rahul and anoop) used to take bus from Gandhi Nagar to Mira Sahib. I dont know,How my mother let me travel for such distance alone in those private buses.One day I came back from school to our Gandhi Nagar house and our landlady said that everyone has shifted to Mira Sahib. It was really a nice house with garden and lots of playing spaces. to be contiued.......

2 comments:

  1. pandey meri jaan ...tujpee yee dil kkurban..meri jaan...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...nice it was fun reading ur blog gaurav....:) nice memories...u have

    ReplyDelete